Dress: Madison Marcus Shoes: Sam Edelman Clutch: Sondra Roberts Polish: Honk If You Love OPI
Getting ready for a night out is one of my favorite things to do. I am a girl who loves fashion, makeup, and grooming. Nothing makes me feel better than a flattering black dress, heels, and a little sparkle. Here are a few of my absolute musts when getting ready for a night out:
- Give yourself enough time to get ready. Nothing is worse than rushing to straighten your hair or putting on liquid eyeliner. If you are really in a bind throw your hair up in a high bun and use a bright red or fuchsia for your lips.
- Before you start your makeup routine make sure to exfoliate. I love using products, like Allison Rhonda's brightening scrub, that make your skin glow before you even put a drop of makeup on. Also make sure to moisturize with a great cream and let your primer sit for about 5 minutes before applying foundation.
- When curling or straightening hair make sure to use a heat guard and afterwards run a shine serum like Fekkai Color-Protecting Glaze through the ends.
- Make sure nails are neat and polished. If you don't have the time, just buff your nails and apply one coat of clear polish.
- It's always ideal to have your outfit picked out ahead of time, but if you can't go for your favorites. I always tend to opt for black shifts, embellished tops, and sleek fitted pants.
- In your clutch don't forget lip gloss, mints, pressed powder, a comb, and travel sized perfume.
Wherever you go or whoever you're going out with your night is guaranteed to be better when you're loving the way you look!